This is the continuation of this post.
We were able to find a mailing-list for STAT development in sourceforge[dot]net. The source code for few STAT based IDS were also available there, like NetSTAT, USTAT, etc. This finding actually has reduced the effort that we had put down in writing a compiler for STAT Language. It was a like a bonus that we were also able to find a STAT editor to graphically represent the attack scenario and obtain the stat file corresponding to the figure. This STATed was implemented in Java. The compiler could convert a STAT Language source to C-source file.
While installing STATL compiler and the STATed – STAT scenario editor we faced a few difficulties with the dependencies. I had put those in the corresponding mailing list. Still the problem, while installing the Winstat(IDS) persists. But the STATL compiler and the STATed were installed successfully.